How To Get Twitch On An Xbox One
Before you start streaming to Twitch, you’ll need to download the Twitch app on your Xbox One.
1. From your Xbox One’s Home screen, use the controller to navigate to the “Store” tab on the upper-right portion of the screen. Once there, navigate to the bar labeled “Search”, then press the “A” button on your controller.
2. Use the controller to type in “Twitch” and after a moment, the Twitch app will appear on the screen. Select the Twitch app and press “A” on your controller.
3. Select “Get” and press A again. The Twitch app should begin installing automatically.
How To Stream On Twitch :
Note: While all of the following methods make use of a third-party app, it goes without saying that you will be requiring a Twitch account. In case you dont already have one, you can sign-up for Twitch here. Also, while PC/Console gaming can be streamed natively , we recommend using a capture card.
How To Stream Your Xbox One Gameplay Without A Capture Card
To begin, you need to enable streaming on your console. Go to Console Settings.
Next, navigate to Preferences – Xbox app connectivity.
For other devices enable streaming only from profiles signed in on this Xbox. Also, make sure to enable both streaming options on the right for this Xbox.
After doing that download and install an Xbox Console Companion App for your Windows computer. Log in to the same account you use on your console.
After logging in navigate to Connection and select your Xbox One. Press the Stream button on the top. A window with your console screen will be opened.
Note: You don’t have to connect Xbox Gamepad to your PC. If you have a warning – just click Continue to avoid latency issues.
Add this window to OBS as a Screen capture or Window capture in your main OBS Sources area.
Note: for the best quality, both devices should be connected to the same network with Ethernet cables. Having them connected over WiFi may result in a quality loss.
You May Like: Multiplayer Games Xbox Game Pass
Stream On Twitch On Ps4
Streaming on Twitch through PS4 is really easy when compared to streaming on PC/Mac. You dont need any additional software as the PS4 has a built-in streaming function. Connecting your PS4 with your Twitch account is also really easy. Just follow these simple steps to do so.
1. To start streaming, you just need to press the SHARE button on the PlayStation controller.
2. Then, youll have to select the Broadcast Gameplay option followed by the Twitch option.
3. Now, to sign in, PS4 will display a code and youll have to enter that code on Twitch activate page.
4. After this, the process to link your PS4 with your Twitch account will be complete.
5. You now have to press the share button again and select Twitch to start streaming.
Before starting streaming, you might have to do additional settings, like checking the audio option if you want audio in your stream. And you can also check the webcam option if you have a camera attached to your PlayStation and you want to stream yourself while playing the game.
If you want to learn about streaming from PS4 in more detail, then you can read the complete guide on Twitch Stream from PS4 by Lifewire.
The Main Issues With Capture Card Streaming
The first problem that comes with capture card streaming on Twitch is the cost.
Not only do you need a PC, but you also need to invest in the capture card itself. The Elgato costs more than $100 at retail, and a good PC could set you back hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
Theres also a level of experience needed to know how to stream on a PC and how to set up the look of your stream. Most of the basic information and guides for streaming with a capture card are available online, though. You can also find guides for each piece of broadcast software on Twitch.
Also Check: Best Multiplayer Games On Xbox Game Pass
How To Stream From Your Xbox One To Twitch With A Camera And Mic
ByMichael Andronicopublished 10 February 18
Here’s how to enable your microphone and camera when streaming to Twitch from your Xbox One.
Streaming to Twitch directly from your PS4 or Xbox One is a great way to get comfortable with broadcasting gameplay without having to deal with any complicated software.
However, console streaming still has its quirks, as made clear by this question from forum user vfxtodd:
“Thanks to your guide, I was able to start streaming on Twitch through my Xbox One X. Now, I need to figure out how to get my chat audience to hear my voice while I stream. Currently I have my head set mic piped into my XBox controller. But, that doesn’t come through my stream. Any ideas would be appreciated. Also, how can I set up a face cam to show in my stream?”
Vfxtodd is looking to make sure that his Twitch audience can both hear and see him two things that are totally possible when streaming directly from Xbox One. Heres how to do it.
You Can Take The Tv Ill Use My Computer
Now that you know how to stream Xbox One games to your PC, you dont have to hog the big TV when the others watch movies. Your gaming PC or even mobile devices can support streaming. It might not be ideal, but it works very well with a good internet connection.
Have you encountered any strange bugs when you stream this way? Which are your favorite Xbox One titles? Let us know in the comments section below.
Recommended Reading: Free Xbox Live Game Pass Codes
Twitch Streaming On Xbox & Playstation
Creating an account on Twitch is very easy and free. All you need to do is to go to Twitch.com, plug in your desired credentials, and that’s it. That’s your first step.
Next up, you’ll need to download and install the Twitch app onto your console. For now, this only works for any modern PlayStation or Xbox console . We’ll start with how to set things up on your Xbox.
According to DotESports, getting started on Xbox requires you to open the Twitch app on your console, then link your Xbox account to the streaming platform. All you need to do is follow the onscreen instructions until you reach the six-digit code entry, which Twitch automatically sends to your registered email. After entering the code, this is how you set things up for the broadcast proper:
- Select the “Broadcast” option to start streaming your gameplay
- Enter a title for the stream, then click the button “Start Broadcast”
- If you have a Kinect and you want to use it, you need to enable the device first so your video and headset will work and allow your viewers to see you and hear you.
And that’s it for Xbox! Simple, right? Now, we move on to the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. Most of the things you need to do are the same, like linking your PlayStation account to Twitch.
If, for some reason, the setup steps still confuse you and you encounter several issues, there’s an official guide on the Twitch website that will also take you through some troubleshooting methods.
Setting Up Your Obs For The Twitch Stream
Now we need to configure the software you chose to go with. We are using Streamlabs but you will find most streaming software is set up in a similar fashion.
Before we get started you are going to want to run your software as an administrator as it will grant permission to capture your games, which just makes things generally easier for you.
2. Now navigate to Stream in your settings window .
2. Now navigate to Stream in your settings window .
3. Under the Stream Type select Streaming Services and under the Service header you can select which streaming platform you wish to use which in this case is Twitch.
Now youre going to need your Stream Key which you can see a box for at the bottom of your OBS settings.
4. Head back onto Twitch.com, navigate to your dashboard just like before but this time click on the tab labeled Channel underneath the settings header.
5. Right at the top of this page, you will see your Primary Stream Key. Copy this and head back over to the streamer software.
6. Now back in your streaming software you want to paste the stream key into the relevant field labeled Stream Key and select Done/OK.
Also Check: Do You Need Internet For Xbox One
How To Stream On Twitch From Console
Streaming isnt a PC-only affair, in fact, there are many different platforms that include consoles and even mobile gaming!
With the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox X, Xbox S, you can stream directly from the console. All gamers on these consoles will have to do is install the Twitch application and off they go without the need for any extra software or hardware.
Other gamers who use consoles like the PS3 or Nintendo Switch are going to need a capture card. Some of these capture cards plug straight into your device whereas some need installing into a PC so consider how you are going to run this kind of setup before you buy. It is worth noting you can use these capture cards on any console with some of the better ones being able to catch 4K gaming.
How To Make A Professional Looking Twitch Stream
Streaming on Twitch has become my favorite mode of content creation. I get to share my undying love for video games while my viewers get to experience all the rage and excitement with the added bonus of direct interaction.
Whats not to love? With the growing number of streamers on the platform, it doesnt seem like Im alone in this endeavor. Not by a longshot.
Especially now that its easier than ever to start streaming on Twitch, there are heaps and heaps of budding streamers joining in on the action every nanosecond. Great for us who want all the glory with as little hassle as possible not so great for viewership margins which are only getting slimmer.
It seems that the stream of how to get more viewers on Twitch tutorials on my feed just keeps getting longer.
So, how does one stand out? Do I need to get a second mortgage to start a stream that looks professional? Is streaming on Twitch just a pipe-dream at this point?
Have no fear. There are ways to start Twitch streaming, getting viewers to your channel and putting yourself on the path of becoming a professional streamer that dont break the bank.
Read Also: Xbox Gold 12 Month Code
How To Stream Nintendo Switch On Twitch
Unlike PlayStation 4 and Xbox, the Nintendo Switch console doesnt offer a navigation streaming app.
The only method for streaming games from the console on Twitch is by using a capture card, as explained in the first section of this article.
You might think that the lack of a streaming app is a major setback.
That might be true for people who like to jump into streaming right away from time to time, but it comes with its flaws.
For instance, some games on PlayStation tend to block streaming and recording entirely, cutting out some parts of the game and causing issues for the streaming without warning.
Therefore, using a capture card may be better in some ways.
Connect Your Twitch Account To Your Ps4
Once you have your Twitch account set up, getting your PS4 ready to broadcast a Twitch livestream is extremely simple. Just follow these steps:
- Press the share button when you are playing a game.
- Select the Broadcast Gameplay option.
- Select Twitch as the service you want to broadcast on and select “Go to the Twitch website” on the next page.
- Now you can login to the Twitch account you created, or create one right on the PS4 interface.
Recommended Reading: What Games Are On Xbox Game Pass
Xbox Streaming Using A Capture Card
Below is a quick guide to the steps you need to take to stream from your Xbox One using a capture card:
How To Stream An Xbox One To A Pc
Before we get into the steps, we need to clarify something first. Streaming can refer to two things
Normally, when a person talks about streaming, theyre referring to streaming footage of them playing a video game to a platform, such as YouTube, Twitch, or Facebook. Most of the time, this requires a capture card in the case of a console or NVIDIA ShadowPlay on a PC.
For our guide, well be talking about the second, less common definition. This involves sending the gameplay from your Xbox One to the PC. Youre effectively using your PC to play Xbox One games through a connection to the same network.
You dont need to physically connect the two devices, but being connected to the same network is crucial. As your PC becomes a remote display, theres always some lag, but its still a reliable way to play your Xbox One games on your PC.
You May Like: New Games Xbox Game Pass Pc
Link Your Twitch Account
Log into your Twitch account throughTwitch.tv/activate on your computer or phone.
Open the Twitch app on Xbox and tap on the Login option to get a six-digit code.
Use the code to activate your Linkup for Twitch and Xbox One.
Navigate to Privacy and Online Safety.
Go to the Xbox Live Privacy section and locate View Details and Customize.
Head to Online status and history and select Everybody.
This process will allow everyone to view your stream.
Then, head to Settings and go to Account.
Select Privacy and Online Settings, and then Xbox Live Privacy.
Choose the View Details and Customize option.
Select Game Content and Click on Allow.
If you want viewers to see your picture, set the option, You can share content made using Kinect or other cameras, to Allow.
How To Stream Xbox One To Pc
The second, and final, step in streaming an Xbox One to a PC requires the Windows 10 Xbox app. You can if it’s not already installed on your computer.
The Xbox app is used to initiate streaming:
Make sure your Xbox One is turned on.
Launch the Windows 10 Xbox app.
Select the Xbox One icon on the left.
Locate your Xbox One in the list, then select Connect.
This step is only done once. If your Xbox doesn’t show up in the list, verify that it is turned on. If it is, and you still don’t see it on the list, you will need to find your Xbox One’s IP address and enter it manually.
This will initiate the stream. If nothing happens, select Test streaming to see what the problem is.
After this initial setup has been completed, streaming in the future is even easier. Just launch the Windows 10 Xbox app, select the Xbox One icon on the left, then select Stream.
If the Xbox One is off, you will first need to select Turn on.
Read Also: Exchange Xbox Gift Card For Ps4
What You Need To Stream On Twitch From Pc
So streaming can be done by anyone with a solid internet connection but you will need some other bits and pieces before you begin broadcasting. Twitch stardom is on the horizon but first, you need to consider what hardware you need, what software you need to download, and what you are going to be streaming on your Twitch channel. You can use the Twitch app on your desktop and even download the Twitch mobile app for both android and iOS mobile devices. The Twitch app is also most commonly used when streaming via console but you can also download the Twitch app via devices like Fire TV and Apple TV.
How To Use Obs
4. Set Service to Twitch and click on Connect Account for the quickest setup.
5. Log in to Twitch with your username and password. You’re all set!
6. If you don’t want to connect your account directly, you can link Twitch to OBS via a stream key. To do this, return to your Twitch dashboard and select Stream Key. Follow the prompts to receive your special streaming code.
7. Copy and paste that code into the Stream Key boxin the Broadcast Settings menu. Select OK.
Setting the scene and going live
1. On the main OBS interface,right-click the Sources box and select Add, then Game Capture.
2. Select your game of choice from the drop-down menu and click OK.
3. Right-click the Sources box again to add any additional feeds.You can add images and text to customize your layout, use Monitor Capture to show anything on your display or select Video Capture to use your webcam.
4. Select Preview Stream and Edit Scene to tweak your stream layout to your liking. For example, you might want to feature your gameplay stream prominently, with a small box in the corner that shows your webcam feed.
5. Select Start Streaming on the OBS dashboard. You’re now live!
Read Also: What Is The Xbox Game Pass For Pc