Streaming Media Content To An Xbox Using Microsoft Movies & Tv
While most users will probably be interested in connecting and controlling their Xbox to a PC for gameplay reasons, you can stream other media content to an Xbox using the PlayTo feature. This allows other PlayTo-capable apps to stream content from Windows to an Xbox .
- Youll need to make sure that PlayTo streaming is enabled first. To do this, open your Xbox settings and go to Devices & Streaming > Device connections, making sure that the Allow Play To streaming setting is enabled.
- In your Windows settings , press Devices > Bluetooth & Other Devices > Add Bluetooth or other device.
- In the Add a device menu, select your Xbox One console from the list once the scanning process has completed.
- Windows will confirm that a connection has been established. Click Done to confirm.
You can now stream content from the Microsoft Movies & TV media app. Youll need the same app installed on both your Xbox and PC for this to work.
- To do this in the Movies & TV app, press the three-dot menu icon in the bottom-right corner of the playback bar as youre playing content. From the options menu, click Cast to device.
- In the Connect menu, select your connected Xbox One console. This will open the Movies & TV app on your Xbox and stream the content from your PC for playback.
Can I Stream It To My Phone
Theoretically yes. There are several factors that come into play here but if you want to play your Xbox One games on your phone you should be able to download the u003ca href=u0022https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.xcloudu0022u003eXbox Connect appu003c/au003e. Assuming the update and wifi criteria are met, you can play on Android devices.
Use The Xbox Console Companion App
- If you have a Windows 10 desktop or laptop, it likely already has the Xbox Console Companion app installed. . You can download the app from the Microsoft Store if its not already on your PC.
- Open the app, then sign into your Microsoft account when it prompts you to do so.
- Once youre signed in, click the menu button at the top left-hand side of the Xbox Console Companion app window. It will open a list of items. Click Connection near the bottom of that list.
- If your console doesnt show up, enter its IP address in the appropriate field. Your Xbox Ones IP address can be found by opening up the settings menu on the console, then clicking Network > Network settings > Advanced Settings.
- After youre connected, your console will show up under the Now Playing section in the Xbox Console Companion app. Click it and your PC monitor will show a direct feed from your Xbox One.
Don’t Miss: Xbox One Boxing Game 2017
How To Play Xbox Game Pass Games On Your Pc
You’ll be rockin’ in just a few minutes
Being able to play Xbox Game Pass PC Games is one of the best features of Xboxs subscription service, but figuring out how to actually do that can be a bit confusing. There are some extra steps youll need to take before you can get started.
Thankfully, the whole process will only take a few minutes if you follow this guide, so you should be ready to play the latest Xbox Game Pass games in no time.
Make sure you have signed up to the right Xbox Game Pass subscription first, youll need Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass PC to get access to games on your PC.
What Is The Procedure For Signing Up For Xbox Live
Part 2: Registering for Xbox Live
Read Also: Xbox Game Pass Pc Year Subscription
First Get Pc Game Pass
If you already subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate, congratulations, you already have access to PC Game Pass, and you can skip this step. For everyone else, start here.
You can purchase a subscription to either PC Game Pass for $9.99 per month or to Game Pass Ultimate for $14.99 per month. The latter is Microsofts everything-in-one bundle subscription that also includes Xbox Live Gold for online multiplayer on consoles and Game Pass for Xbox One consoles, as well as PC Game Pass. If youre a new subscriber, its worth noting that you can get your first month of PC Game Pass for just $1.
Start Playing Xbox Games Using The Laptop’s Screen
Once you’ve completed the setup process on your Xbox console, it’s time to turn to your laptop. You’ll need a laptop running Windows 10 or Windows 11. You’ll also want to ensure you have the Xbox app downloaded from the Microsoft store.
Launch the Xbox app on your Windows laptop.
Find the console icon next to the search bar at the top of the application.
Read Also: Used Xbox 1 Controller For Sale
Game Pass Not Launching Games On Xbox Or Pc
Game Pass games can be launched through the Xbox App on PC and directly on Xbox. So on a PC, it eventually comes to the Xbox App, while on the Xbox console, you will have to work through the console settings, including resetting it.
On Windows PC
You will need an admin account to execute some of these suggestions.
On Xbox, ensure to use the primary account or the first account used to sign in.
How To Play Xbox Games On Your Laptop
It’s easier than you might expect.
If you own an Xbox Series X, an Xbox Series S, or one of the previous generation models, there might well be occasions when you want to get down to some serious gaming, but the main TV screen the console is attached to is already in usewhether that’s by family members or housemates.
The solution is to run games from your Xbox but play them on your laptop. It’s easier than you might think to stream gameplay to a different device on the same Wi-Fi network. In some scenarios, it even works over the internet too, so you could be sitting on your laptop in a hotel room and still playing games from your Xbox.
This is a lot more straightforward on Windows computers, what with Microsoft making both Windows and the Xbox consoles, but there are also options to talk about if you’re on a Mac. Here’s everything you need to know, and how to set it up.
Read Also: Where Can I Watch My Xbox Movies
What Is The Best Way To Link My Xbox To My Pc
Connect your Xbox One to your Windows 10 PC.
How To Play Xbox One Games On Pc Using Xbox Play Anywhere
If you already own a game that is included on the Xbox Play Anywhere list, you can play it on your PC for no additional charge, and you can sync your game data between your PC and Xbox One.
1. Go to the Xbox Play Anywhere website and log into your Microsoft account.
2. Head to this page and scroll through the list of games, and then click on the one you want to play. Keep in mind that if you don’t already own the game, you’ll need to purchase it.
3. Click “Get” or “Install.” If a pop-up appears requesting that you use the Microsoft Store app, click on the option that allows you to do so.
4. Once the game finishes installing, click “Play” to launch the game. Have fun!
Recommended Reading: Best Xbox Game Pass Games Pc
Items You Will Need To Play Xbox Games On Pc
Generally, to play the Xbox games on PC, there will be a few requirements. The requirement slightly differs when you try to play the Xbox games with the disc. To directly stream from Xbox to your PC, you will need a Multi-core processor with at least 1.5 GHz and RAM with at least 4 GB storage.
Otherwise, if anyone is willing to play Xbox games with a disc, there are many requirements. This includes a stable internet connection and emulator software in most cases, the case 64bit operating system is better because the operating system is windows 8/10. Then the other hardware requirement may differ from game to game which you can easily find in the discs packaging.
Looking A Little Sus: Among Us
This tiny mobile game made a big impact by encouraging you to lie to your friends, and for finding its way onto multiple platforms, so cross platform support seems obvious here. Players will need an account from InnerSloth if they’d like to move between different devices with their favorite crewmate, but they can play across Xbox, PC, PlayStation, mobile, and Switch.
Recommended Reading: Xbox Series X Vs Playstation 5
List Of All Xbox Cross Platform & Cross Play Games
In the not so distant past, players who wanted to get together with their friends online for a session in their favorite multiplayer title had to first make sure those friends were all on the same platform. However, in 2018, the idea of cross-platform play had finally taken hold, and the ability to play with your friends regardless of which ecosystem they favor became the norm. While support for crossplay has been widely adopted since its initial announcement for Xbox One, not all games have jumped on the wagon. We’ve put together this handy list so that you can check if a title supports cross platform play before you pencil in that gaming session.
Play Console Games From Your Desktop
It was recently announced that Microsoft is updating the Xbox App to allow users to stream console games to Windows 10 computers, which is great news for gamers who don’t like to be tied to one device or location.
In fact, there are two different ways to enjoy Xbox titles away from the console: you can stream them directly from your home console using a network connection or you can utilize cloud gaming on supported devices.
You’ll need to be a Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member to use the Xbox Cloud Streaming, but no membership is required for Remote Play. The feature is still being rolled out for Windows 10 devices so only 22 countries currently have access. Thankfully you can enjoy using it with not just the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S consoles, but also older Xbox One consoles.
There are a few things you’ll need to make this work, such as a compatible controller and a decent network connection, but if you have those boxes ticked then there’s nothing stopping you from connecting your old laptop to the service and streaming games outside on a nice day, or chilling out in another room if someone wants to commandeer the family TV.
- Best Xbox Series X games: the most essential Xbox releases
Don’t Miss: Xbox Ultimate Game Pass Game List
Streaming Media Content To An Xbox Using Kodi
If youd prefer to use alternative media apps, then apps like Kodi can be installed on your Xbox. Kodi supports a full range of media playback options, including the ability to access network shares from a Windows PC or other network attached storage devices.
- On Windows, you can share any folder by right-clicking it and pressing Properties. In the Sharing tab, click to share the folder, ensuring you select your user account in the following window.
- In Kodi on your Xbox, youll need to enable network sharing using the SMB protocol used by Windows. To do this, open Settings > Add-ons > My add-ons > Virtual filesystems and select the SMB support option.
- In the plugin options window, press Enable to enable the plugin.
- With SMB enabled, you can now access Windows network shares from the Settings > File Manager menu in Kodi. From there, press Add Source.
- In the Add file source window, press Browse.
- In the Browse for new share window, select Windows network .
- A list of your network devices will appear. Find your PC listed here, then select the network share from the option list before clicking OK.
- If you need to provide a username and password to connect, select Add network location instead. Select Windows network from the Protocol drop-down menu, then select a location, username, and password using the options provided.
Why Does Somebody Want To Play Games On Xbox With A Disc
It happens quietly that you get tired of playing the duplicate titles repeatedly on your gaming console. So, why not try something different this time? The good news is, even if you dont have the money to buy a gaming console, you can easily play your Xbox games on your PC. Just buy your favorite game disc and start playing games non-stop.
Don’t Miss: Games On The Xbox Game Pass
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
The Xbox brand might never have taken off without the Halo series, the first-person shooters that helped to popularize local competitive multiplayer on consoles before taking the party online after the launch of Xbox Live. The Master Chief Collection package includes multiple Halo games, all of which have been updated to keep them enjoyable for modern audiences.
But whats so striking about the collection is how many ways there are to play. You can go through the campaigns by yourself. If you want to play with a friend but dont want to compete, there is co-op, allowing you to share the games stories with a partner, either online or through split-screen play. If you do want to compete, you can do it locally against up to three other players on the same TV, or take things online to challenge the wider community.
These are some of the best first-person shooters ever released, and theyre worth revisiting and enjoying, no matter how you decide to play them. Sharing these games with my children through local co-op has been an amazing journey, and this package includes so many games, each of which is filled with different modes and options. Its hard to imagine ever getting bored or uninstalling the collection once its on your hard drive.
This is a part of gaming history that continues to feel relevant, and very much alive. Ben Kuchera
Connect An Xbox Controller To The Computer
The downside of using this method is that you can’t use your mouse and keyboard you need to use an Xbox controller.
You can connect an Xbox controller to your PC easily in a few different ways. Check out our guide on the subject for detailed instructions.
This step is optional because you can technically keep your Xbox controller connected to your Xbox console as long as the controller is close enough to the console, it’ll work on the stream. However, if your computer is a significant distance away from your Xbox, it’s probably easiest just to set your controller up on the PC.
Also Check: Elder Scrolls Online Xbox One
How To Play Xbox Games On A Windows Laptop
Xboxes and Windows play very nicely together . Assuming you’re signed into your Microsoft account on both your Xbox and your Windows laptop, and signed into the same Wi-Fi network on both, you’re almost there already.
On the Xbox One X and Xbox One S:
- Head to Settings, choose Device & connections, then Remote features
- Check the Enable remote features box .
- Choose Xbox app preferences
- Select Allow connections from any device and Allow game streaming to other devices.
Now it’s time to turn your attention to Windows, but leave your console on in the meantime.
Find and launch the Xbox app, which is part of both Windows 10 and Windows 11 . The app should be smart enough to spot the Xbox on your local network or even over the webclick the console icon at the top , then choose the Xbox you want to connect to. You’ll be linked to your Xbox console, and you can start playing.
From the same drop-down menu, choose See my consoles list to access a few more options. You’ll be able to see games that you’ve recently played and the achievements that you’ve racked up on your console, for example. Click the three dots next to your Xbox and choose Rename console if you need to give it a more descriptive name . You can pick Remove console as well, to disconnect it from the Xbox app.
What Is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a special version of the Xbox Game Pass PC subscription service that incorporates a variety of Xbox services under one umbrella. It is more expensive than the Xbox Game Pass for PC subscription model but has additional features and availability.
An important feature of an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is access to Xbox Cloud Gaming, Microsoft’s cloud gaming service. Anyone with an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership can use Xbox Cloud gaming with a Windows 10 PC, iPhone, or iPad, using Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Safari.
Heres what else is included within the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription:
- Access to all 100+ Xbox Game Pass for PC games on PC.
- Access to all 100+ Xbox Game Pass for Console games on Xbox One.
- Access to all 100+ games on Android devices, iPhones, iPads, and Windows 10 PCs via Cloud gaming .
- Xbox Game Pass discounts on game purchases on Windows 10 and Xbox One.
- Xbox Live Gold membership for online gameplay on Xbox One, four free Xbox console games to own each month, and further discounts on game purchases.
Read Also: Local Multiplayer Xbox Game Pass